.navleft {float:left; width: 50%;} .navright {float:right; width: 50%;} .tabs-inner .widget ul {margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px;}

Monday, December 7, 2015

Adventures with Keegan: Oh Christmas Tree

Sunday, after recovering from Friendsgiving, we ventured out to get our Christmas tree. We headed to little place down the street from us, decided to forgo the big stores and support small business this year, and hunted for our fresh cut Christmas tree. I was really hoping we would be able to go to a cut your own tree farm this year, but with just me and Keegan going, I was not going on that adventure by myself. Me, small child, saw, drag tree. Ah, raincheck on that one.

Snowflake Sweatshirt here


We brought our tree home, and started decorating. This year was a lot easier to get the tree in the house, last year I cut off the netting before I brought it in the house. #youliveandyoulearn




I am so in love with our tree this year, you can just tell the quality is great, no needles falling off yet and the tree is so full and smells fantastic. This why I just could not give in and buy a fake tree. My family always had a real tree growing up, it was a tradition we did every year around this time. It's just not Christmas to me without a real tree.


As I am sitting here writing this, I am watching White Christmas and having a glass of tea while Keegan is taking a nap. It's pure bliss, an afternoon doing nothing but putting pen to paper (or actually fingers to keyboard in this case). This time of year is my favorite, that it is a time of year that brings everyone together. That the snow starts falling, that everything is decked out in magic.

I always try and soak in as much as I can, enjoy the little things like watching the thrill in Keegan's eyes as we look at the lights, pick out our tree, and begin to buy gifts to share with loved ones. This year I plan on really trying to enjoy the season that was cut so short for us last year. As most of you know, last year at this time, my Dad was on hospice care and he passed away just two weeks before Christmas. I spent an entire week away from my son and by the time I got home, it just didn't really feel like Christmas. So this year, we are going to enjoy as much Christmas as we can have.


Advent Stockings here

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS