.navleft {float:left; width: 50%;} .navright {float:right; width: 50%;} .tabs-inner .widget ul {margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px;}

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Friendsgiving 2015

Each year I host the same party and each year the party gets busier and more rowdy. That's right, Friendsgiving 2015 was upon us and this year was a blast. New friends, old friends, boyfriends, kids. It was an event like no other. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you have never hosted Friendsgiving before, I really think you should consider it. It is a great time for all your friends to get together over the holiday season and that short few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas seems like the perfect time. Every year the rule is, I make the turkey and everyone one else brings a side to share. So much less stress than cooking everything yourself and you get to try other peoples recipes. This year we had so much to pass: Turkey, Stuffing, Sweet Potatoes, Rolls, Pasta Salad, Crab Mac and Cheese, Homemade Applesauce. And we had some great drinks: Wine (11 bottles worth!) and homemade Old Fashions!

I use this recipe every year for my turkey and every year I get a complement on how amazing and moist the turkey is. It is fool proof, only difference is, I use chicken broth instead of water. I think it makes a huge difference.




There is so much to be thankful for this year.  I am so beyond blessed to have my son, who has grown so much in the last few weeks and continues to be an amazing light in my life every day. I am so blessed to have an amazing guy in my life, who treats me like no one else has, supports me and lets me be myself even when myself is slightly crazy.


I am also so blessed to have an amazing group of strong independent woman around me, all who each have their own unique personalities, and yet we do nothing but lift each other up and stand together for each other. I am so blessed to have my best friend Stephanie, who shows up every year for Friendsgiving, rain or shine, loves my son like one of her own and has been my constant support for these last 6 years.






Friendsgiving always shows me every year how blessed we are, we have each other, our health and food for our table. Some are not that lucky, so it is a constant reminder that we have all that we need and should be forever grateful. Happy Friendsgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS